Caribdus: Dark Waters
Hopper is a Kehana who blends in when around other Kehana. He does not have any distinguishing features, he is not big and strong nor small and thin, he is just what you would call average for someone of his race.
As with most Kehana he is aggressive towards the Doreen and continues the hatred that has been built between the two races.
My real name is something you won’t be able to pronounce so I am not going to bother trying to teach you it, you can however call me Hopper. How did I get that name, well that was given to me by my so called master, you see, I am a slave. I prefer to live in the ocean and I still call it my home but for now I am being forced to work on a ship, shackled and mis-treated by those in charge.
When I was with my kind, I roamed the ocean working with other creatures, for I am an animal handler by trade. If there were any issues with wild creatures then they would call for me. It was a simple time and I could find peace with these creatures, unlike the Doreen, who should accept their place in the world as a second rate people, as I grew tired of fighting them.
How did I get caught you ask? well I will get to that shortly…
Part 1: The Basics
1. What is your full name?
2. Where and when were you born? Current Age – 19
3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.) Father – Fish Farmers
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like? Yes. Sister 26 (Head Strong, larger than life personality), Brother 24 (Joined Military – good natured but has a temper since he joined), Sister 23 (quiet and the sibling I am closest to).
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people. Slave – I live where I am told, normally on the ship.
6. What is your occupation? Deck Hand
7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks. Scars on the back from the odd whipping.
8. To which social class do you belong?
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
10. Are you right- or left-handed? Right
11. What does your voice sound like? Deep and earthy
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
13. What do you have in your pockets? Not much, being a slave I tend not to carry a lot of possessions. I do have a pendant with a photo of my sister which I treasure.
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Makes a clicking noise while thinking, nervous or just in general.
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general? Grew up on a fish farm as the youngest of 4 children.
16. What is your earliest memory?
17. How much schooling have you had? Schooling done by the parents on the farm.
18. Did you enjoy school? Yes, learning on the farm was amazing and the oceans have so much to teach.
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities? I learnt most of my abilities from my family on the farm.
20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities? Swimming with the dolphins and amongst the reef.
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display? Very quiet child who with my sister spent a large amount of time by ourselves with other animal life in the sea.
25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
28. If you are a mage, tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far? The Doreen attacking our farm when I was only 5. It made my father and brother join the military and it changed them both. I was now the only male left at home.
30. Who has had the most influence on you?
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
32. What is your greatest regret?
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done? At the age of 17 I tracked down some Doreen and killed them all in their sleep with the help of my animal pets. I don’t consider this evil as the Doreen have no rights but it is not exactly nice.
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind? Nothing I would consider criminal. Doreen don’t count.
35. When was the time you were the most frightened? When the Doreen attacked the farm my sister and I hid and were paralysed with fear.
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
38. What is your best memory?
39. What is your worst memory?
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic? I was optimistic but with each passing month as a slave I get more pessimistic about seeing my family again.
41. What is your greatest fear? Never seeing my sister again. Dying a slave.
42. What are your religious views?
43. What are your political views?
44. What are your views on sex?
45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable? In general I don’t want to kill. Doreen don’t count though.
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
60. How close are you to your family?
61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
69. Do you care what others think of you?
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
71. What is your most treasured possession? Sisters pendant, reminds me of a better time.
72. What is your favorite color?
73. What is your favorite food?
74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
78. What makes you laugh?
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
81. How do you deal with stress?
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
83. What are your pet peeves?
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
86. What is your greatest weakness?
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
89. Are you generally organized or messy?
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
91. Do you like yourself?
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons…)
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
98. What three words best describe your personality?
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice…)